These mini muffins are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free and dairy-free (phew, that was a mouth full), but are full of nutritious sweet potatoes, warming spices, a ripe banana and healthy whole grain oats. They are moist and tender and absolutely perfect for baby’s first muffin.
The best part, they are made in a blender and take less than 5 minutes to prep!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats**
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup just sweet potato purée
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray or line 16 mini muffin cups with cooking spray or paper liners.
- In a blender, add in the oats, banana, purée, egg, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger and allspice and blend on high for 1-2 minutes, scraping down sides when needed, or until the oats are completely broken down, and the batter is smooth.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda and salt and blend on low for 20 seconds.
- Pour batter into muffin cups until they are 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let cool and enjoy.
**Note about oats, if going gluten free make sure to use oats specified as ‘gluten free’.
Age: From about 9+ months through adults
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 16 mini muffins or 6 regular muffins
Storage: Will last in an air-tight container on the counter or in the fridge for 4 days, or in the freezer for 2 months.
About the Author:
Michele Olivier is the mother of two behind the popular food blog Baby FoodE. Michele has dedicated herself to making the best baby food on the planet and is the author of the best-selling cookbook Little Foodie and the forthcoming Whole Food Baby and Little Bento. Michele and her family live in Denver, Colorado.Find Beech-Nut Just Sweet Potatoes