Meet one of our emerging leaders.
- What do you love most about your career at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
The people. I love our team – we are talented, bright and caring. We challenge and support one another.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Setting an example for my children by driving my career, our family values (kindness above all else) and consistently delivering on promises/deliverables.
- What’s your favorite perk to working at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Wearing jeans 5 days a week!
- What do you do to live a balanced life?
I strive to get to the gym or run regularly. I find that I am the best version of myself when I prioritize exercise.
- How would you describe Beech-Nut Nutrition in 5 words or less?
Nutrition, Babies, Talent, Caring and Natural
- What is your favorite product that we make at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Naturals Just Honeycrisp Apples
- How would you describe your work style?
Honest & Transparent
- If you could have dinner with someone living or dead who would it be? My paternal Grandmother. She was living in Poland when Russia invaded during WWII, she was taken and lived in a work camp with my Grandfather and Uncle. I have so many questions and didn’t appreciate her strength when I was younger and she was alive.
- What is your favorite company or person to follow?
Globally: Sheryl Sandberg; Facebook COO. Her advocacy for women in the workplace and for family balance is inspiring. Locally: Andy Heck; President of Alpin Haus, a local family owned business. He has a motivating / goal oriented leadership style and is dedicated to fostering the future of our local community.
- What is your best life hack?
Preparing the night before – getting two children ready for school, and myself for work, in the morning can be challenging. The more I can get done in the evening the better our day starts.
- What have you learned at Beech-Nut Nutrition that you will never forget?
The importance of cross-functional communication of decisions/changes.
- What is the weirdest job you have ever had?
During my undergraduate studies I studied abroad in France and I taught English to employees at a pharmaceutical company on the outskirts of Lyon.It was very interesting as my own French was not that great so teaching English had its funny moments!
- What has been your biggest career success?
Being part of the team that launched Beech-Nut Nutrition’s Naturals line. I loved being part of the cross-functional team. I was involved not just as a member of the Finance team, but as a Mom.
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader? At the end of every performance meeting with my teams, I ask for feedback from them on my performance. I consider this feedback as important as my own performance evaluation with my supervisor.
- What is your biggest outside interest?
Skiing – my family is very active in the winter, skiing every opportunity in the Adirondacks.
- What is a book you have read recently?
My daughter is learning to read so I have been reading a lot of early reading books – Angelina Ballerina is the current favorite. For myself – I enjoy humorous crime fiction and will read anything by Janet Evanovich.
- How do you incorporate our mission (Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature) into your role every day?
By asking the tough questions and challenging the “norm” to ensure we are being true to our mission.
- How and where do you find inspiration?
Having a seat at the table. I thrive on adding value to a project, deliverable or everyday work.
- What are you most passionate about in your role?
Delivering close to home-made products. When I joined Beech-Nut, I was a “Home-made Mom” because I was skeptical of the offering on the shelves. I am so happy that I can say to other Moms that I have seen our products being made – they are better and more nutritious than anything I made at home.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Skiing in Europe, Hiking in Grand Canyon National Park and seeing the Northern Lights.
We make baby food as close to homemade as possible; preparing it very carefully, using non-GMO verified, natural or organic ingredients in almost all of our products. Our work is organized around our mission to Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature. If you would like to join the BNN team, you will be surrounded by colleagues who care deeply about our mission, others, the planet, and who are empowered to make a difference.