Meet one of our emerging leaders.
- What do you love most about your career at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Seeing a successful company transformation from the beginning has been pretty cool and something that not many people get to witness during their careers. I enjoy being part of the team that gets to interact directly with our consumers.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
The smell of coffee brewing and preferably the sun shining.
- What’s your favorite perk to working at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
I love the size of the company. Beech-Nut Nutrition being a smaller company I have had opportunities I wouldn’t have had at a large company, while also being exposed to many different pieces of the business.
- What do you do to live a balanced life?
I have 2 horses and really enjoy my barn time. I love to trail ride when the weather is nice but even just being at the barn to clean stalls or groom my horses is extremely therapeutic. I’m there at least 5 days a week. I even bought my husband a horse so he could spend more time with me. That didn’t work though since it turns out he’s extremely allergic!
- How would you describe Beech-Nut Nutrition in 5 words or less?
Real people making real food.
- What is your favorite product that we make at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
I like the Fruity Oat Bars, especially the Carrot & Raisin one.
- How would you describe your work style?
I’m analytical, process-driven, and even keeled.
- If you could have dinner with someone living or dead who would it be?
Queen Elizabeth II.
- What is your favorite company or person to follow?
Professionally I enjoy following SOCAP International and Chewy.com. Personally I enjoy following Kaley Cuoco, the actress from The Big Bang Theory, because she is a successful show jumper and passionate about her work with several animal rescue organizations.
- What is your best life hack?
Rent the Runway – I’ve worn dresses costing thousands of dollars to events and spent less than $100 to rent them. Their policies are excellent and I’ve loved everything I’ve worn.
- What have you learned at Beech-Nut Nutrition that you will never forget?
Creating processes and tools is the easy part. Getting people to buy into them and use them is the hard part.
- What is the weirdest job you have ever had?
While working a full-time job, I rented a portion of a farm where I operating a boarding and training business with 12 horses. I was the coach for the Union College Equestrian Team at the time too. I had VERY long days!
- What has been your biggest career success?
It has probably been getting the company to recognize the importance of the Consumer Engagement Team. We are the voice of BNN to our consumers, the first to spot an issue in the market, and generate a ton of useful data. Surviving a recall and coming back stronger will also stick with me.
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
I’m an active member of the Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals (SOCAP). It’s really nice to have a community of professionals working in the same field to network with. They also do a lot of benchmarking studies so I get access to data which helps to set appropriate KPI goals. I recently stepped out of my comfort zone and I’m presenting at their annual conference in April, I also contributed an article to the spring issue of their magazine.
- What is your biggest outside interest?
I’m a HUGE animal lover, if you couldn’t tell already. I’m a country music fan and go to several concerts a year. I also enjoy good wine (but settle for decent wine) and binge watching TV series.
- What is a book you have read recently?
I’m a fan of Audible so the last book I listened to was The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk.
- How do you incorporate our mission (Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature) into your role every day?
My team strives to delight every consumer we engage with. Our goal with every conversation is for that person to be so blown away by their experience that they turn around and tell all of their friends.
- How and where do you find inspiration?
I am always listening for awesome customer service stories and following companies who are obsessed with and fawn over their customers. I want Beech-Nut Nutrition to be recognized for the attention we give to our customers.
- What are you most passionate about in your role?
I enjoy helping people during a time of need. I’ll never forget talking to a father who was panicking when he couldn’t find a product that had been discontinued and it was one of the only things his son with special needs would eat. We sent him every case we could find and he was in tears when the boxes arrived at his house. Being able to help and create those moments is what I’m most passionate about.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Work a cattle drive, learn to scuba dive, and travel the world (on horseback as much as possible).
We make baby food as close to homemade as possible; preparing it very carefully, using non-GMO verified, natural or organic ingredients in almost all of our products. Our work is organized around our mission to Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature. If you would like to join the BNN team, you will be surrounded by colleagues who care deeply about our mission, others, the planet, and who are empowered to make a difference.