Meet one of our emerging leaders.
- What do you love most about your career at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
There is so much untapped potential on this business. What I love most is that I have the opportunity to bring all the skills I’ve learned throughout my career to my role at BNN and help us grow.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
My job, everything we’ve started that’s already in progress as an organization. Seeing it all through to completion and uncovering the next opportunity is what excites me most.
- What’s your favorite perk to working at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Where we work, The Adirondacks and Upper Hudson region are truly beautiful. I used to have a stop and go traffic commute and now I have this beautiful ride through farm country.
- What do you do to live a balanced life?
I love to cook. It’s a creative outlet and my wife seems to like what I make. I love to cook for my wife and a small group of friends where we can all sit around and talk and tell stories.
- How would you describe Beech-Nut Nutrition in 5 words or less?
Good people, working hard together.
- What is your favorite product that we make at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Banana Coco Quinoa Crispies.
- How would you describe your work style?
Results oriented and analytical. I’m very focused on my team’s success. It’s very important to me that they feel empowered and part of the strategy and the solutions to our business opportunities.
- If you could have dinner with someone living or dead who would it be?
My Grandfather Merrill. He was the greatest man I ever knew. He had this wonderful sense of humor and made everyone around him feel like anything was possible. He had a true sense of wonder his entire life.
- What is your favorite company or person to follow?
I really like Kind Bar. I think BNN has a lot in common with them and hopefully we’re on a similar growth path. I know people who work there whom I respect and admire that seem to reflect their culture.
- What is your best life hack?
Pod Casts on the drive into work. Phil Keays on my team turned me on to Dan Carlin’s Hard-Core History about World War I. There’s an amazing amount of content out there to listen to.
- What have you learned at Beech-Nut Nutrition that you will never forget?
The fundamentals are so critical to get right. I think we tried to skip over a few steps early on and the past year of success began with us going back to the basics and that’s what will drive us for the next two years. We can never forget the importance of business fundamentals.
- What is the weirdest job you have ever had?
I was a musician from my early teens into my late twenties. Being on the road in night clubs at two in the morning you see people who live on the other side of the clock. It’s a different world.
- What has been your biggest career success?
I’m proud of my whole career but the work I’m doing at BNN I’m most proud of so far. So many smart people working together on such a great brand. I’m excited every day to be part of that story.
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
I spend as much time as I can with my team, both in 1 on 1 meetings and as a group. It’s important to me that I understand their goals as much as they understand the priorities of the business.
- What is your biggest outside interest?
I love to travel with my wife. She’s a lot of fun to be with and constantly challenges me to do things I’d never think of.
- What is a book you have read recently?
Churchill and Orwell by Thomas Ricks
- How do you incorporate our mission (Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature) into your role every day?
By ensuring we have the best and freshest product on the shelf for moms and dads to feed their babies.
- How and where do you find inspiration?
My wife inspires me. I value her opinion over all others. When we met I hadn’t been to college and didn’t think I ever would. With her support and encouragement, I went on to get my MBA and a career that I never would have imagined. Every step along the way she’s helped to support and guide me. She’s also hilarious.
- What are you most passionate about in your role?
Developing my team.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Travel to Italy, Scotland and back to France.
We make baby food as close to homemade as possible; preparing it very carefully, using non-GMO verified, natural or organic ingredients in almost all of our products. Our work is organized around our mission to Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature. If you would like to join the BNN team, you will be surrounded by colleagues who care deeply about our mission, others, the planet, and who are empowered to make a difference.