Butternut Squash & Sweet Corn Chowder
What you’ll need:
- 2 jars (4.25 oz each) Beech-Nut Organics just butternut squash and sweet corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup 10% half and half cream
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Servings: 6 servings
In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion for 4 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Slowly add chicken broth, whisking constantly, until well combined.
Add potatoes, squash, bay leaf, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are fork-tender. Stir in Beech-Nut Organics just butternut squash and sweet corn, corn, cream and cayenne; simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until thick and creamy. Season to taste; garnish with green onion and bacon.
Tip: Stir in cooked chicken or turkey along with the corn for some added protein if desired.