Meet one of our emerging leaders.
- What do you love most about your career at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
The cross functional exposure- at Beech-Nut Nutrition we have a quick moving, learn-on-the-go and flexible style with access and ability to learn from other departments. Sharing ideas across the organization has helped me learn and grow in my role.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Knowing that the work I do matters; I’m not only making a difference, but I’m supporting our company’s growth, which in turn takes care of my family too.
- What’s your favorite perk to working at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Getting your birthday off, as well as summer Fridays, where we have the ability to leave early when time permits.
- What do you do to live a balanced life?
It’s important to work hard, but I also make sure to find time for family, friends and fun. It’s not uncommon for Thursdays to be date night in our household!
- How would you describe Beech-Nut Nutrition in 5 words or less?
Family Oriented, Passionate, Growing, Honest & Agile.
- What is your favorite product that we make at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Naturals Apple Blackberry.
- How would you describe your work style?
Dedicated, flexible and collaborative.
- If you could have dinner with someone living or dead who would it be?
My husband’s grandfather, he was a successful businessman and investor, who always had future sight for financial planning for the family.
- What is your favorite company or person to follow?
Alex & Ani – they are always good for an inspirational quote to motivate you for the day.
- What is your best life hack?
Zip-ties. I’ve been able to create more storage by zip-tying plastic crates to shelving to create more storage in closets.
- What have you learned at Beech-Nut Nutrition that you will never forget?
Take advantage of all the learning. The opportunities are everywhere to take feedback and grow not only from your manager but from everyone you work with.
- What is the weirdest job you have ever had?
When I was in Highschool, I did residential cleaning for neighbors. I would get up on Saturday mornings and go clean other people’s houses.
- What has been your biggest career success?
There have been few big things that have guided me, to where I am today. The first is taking a leap fresh out of college to move to upstate New York for my first HR job. The second big career success was being hired at Beech-Nut, taking my first big promotion!
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
It’s important to take feedback and learn from mentors, as well as other leaders. It’s never too late to learn and to adjust. I also like to stay up on HR trends/changes with SHRM (The Society for Human Resource Management).
- What is your biggest outside interest?
I wish we could do it more often, but I love going out on the lake in the summer, boating. As well as just spending time with family having a cookout.
- What is a book you have read recently?
Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg
- How do you incorporate our mission (Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature) into your role every day?
As an HR business partner, I am always looking to provide the best service, by being honest, transparent, trustworthy, and consistent with everyone inside and outside our organization.
- How and where do you find inspiration?
My family gives me inspiration, naturally I want to be one step better and that is what keeps me pushing for my goals every day.
- What are you most passionate about in your role?
I am passionate about helping to inspire our organization, having an engaged and a collaborative team is one way we can help build our brand for future generations.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
See the Rockettes in NYC, take an Alaskan Cruise & travel to Spain.
We make baby food inspired by homemade; preparing it very carefully, using Non-GMO verified, natural or organic ingredients in almost all of our products. Our work is organized around our mission to Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature. If you would like to join the BNN team, you will be surrounded by colleagues who care deeply about our mission, others, the planet, and who are empowered to make a difference.