Meet one of our emerging leaders.
- What do you love most about your career at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
I love how Beech-Nut has given me the opportunity to work on many cross-functional project teams, with a group of colleagues that I have been able to learn from as I’ve grown into my role as a Food Technologist.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
I try to get to the gym by 5:30AM on most days, so I’d have to say my personal motivation to be healthier.
- What’s your favorite perk to working at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
It’s a toss-up between popcorn Wednesday and Make-It-Fit Boot Camp Challenge with Melissa.
- What do you do to live a balanced life?
I feel like I am always on the go, from work to volunteering and everything in between but I make it a priority to exercise, spend time with my family and take time for myself.
- How would you describe Beech-Nut Nutrition in 5 words or less?
Vibrant, Passionate, Growing, Family
- What is your favorite product that we make at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Naturals Apple Blackberry
- How would you describe your work style?
Collaborative, Flexible, and efficient multitasking.
- If you could have dinner with someone living or dead who would it be?
My great grandfather, so I could hear firsthand about how he became a successful businessman, and his motivation behind being an investor and philanthropist.
- What is your favorite company or person to follow?
Professionally, Unilever. For fun, Cornell Men’s Ice Hockey.
- What is your best life hack?
Grapes as ice cubes in wine so it doesn’t get watered down, Dawn dish detergent to remove stains from clothes, or rub a dryer sheet on your hair to reduce static, especially in the winter.
- What have you learned at Beech-Nut Nutrition that you will never forget?
To never stop learning. There are so many moving parts to a business and although you will never know everything it’s never too late to learn something new.
- What is the weirdest job you have ever had?
It wasn’t a weird job but a weird combination of jobs between my freshman and sophomore year of college I was a summer camp counselor in the morning and a law office receptionist in the afternoon.
- What has been your biggest career success?
Being hired as an intern here at Beech-Nut Nutrition in 2012, beginning my career at a company that was going through a turn around and being a part of a team that has developed hundreds of products over the past 5 years.
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
Not only am I taking full advantage of the opportunities provided by Beech-Nut Nutrition but I have joined organizations outside of work including Troy Kiwanis and the Junior League of Schenectady and Saratoga Counties where I have taken on leadership roles and strive to gain as much training as possible that will help me with my career.
- What is your biggest outside interest?
Spending time with my family at the lake in the summer, boating, waterskiing and spending time in the sun.
- What is a book you have read recently?
This isn’t very exciting but I just finished a food law class which took up most of my free time so the food law textbook.
- How do you incorporate our mission (Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature) into your role every day?
I’m always considering the impact to the consumer, Beech-Nut Nutrition, & our environment.
- How and where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration through the support of my family. They push me to achieve my goals and inspire me to do my best every day.
- What are you most passionate about in your role?
Providing the best, most nutritious and flavorful products to for our consumers and being proud to promote Beech-Nut Nutrition.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Travel through Europe.
Road trip across America and visit all 50 states.
Learn how to successfully ice skate backwards.
We make baby food inspired by homemade; preparing it very carefully, using Non-GMO verified, natural or organic ingredients in almost all of our products. Our work is organized around our mission to Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature. If you would like to join the BNN team, you will be surrounded by colleagues who care deeply about our mission, others, the planet, and who are empowered to make a difference.