Meet one of our emerging leaders.
- What do you love most about your career at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Ability to make an impact – both me individually identifying issues and opportunities for us to address and us collectively making better food for babies & toddlers.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Getting to spend extra time with my daughter.
- What’s your favorite perk to working at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Free oatmeal in our café. I am big believer in breakfast being the most important meal of the day.
- What do you do to live a balanced life?
We have family routines and making the weekend all about family time; every night we do Storytime, every Saturday I host a pizza night with family, and on Sundays I teach my daughter’s catechism class.
- How would you describe Beech-Nut Nutrition in 5 words or less?
Authentic, Nutritious Brand, & Passionate People.
- What is your favorite product that we make at Beech-Nut Nutrition?
Naturals Just Pear Blueberry.
- How would you describe your work style?
Dedicated, analytical and passionate about the brand and marketing.
- If you could have dinner with someone living or dead who would it be?
Pope Francis because he is such an impressive human being always advocating for others and the environment. If he could share an ounce of his wisdom I would be a better person.
- What is your favorite company or person to follow?
I do a good amount of tracking competitive brand and brands in the natural/organic space so in my free time I like to follow entertainers. Right now, I like Lin Manuel Miranda because I think he is so creative, talented and interesting. He wrote the Hamilton musical, music for Moana and he just wrote a song to raise money for Puerto Rico leveraging a lyric from a song in my favorite musical West Side Story.
- What is your best life hack?
Leveraging my family, my sisters help me often in watching and caring for my daughter.
- What have you learned at Beech-Nut Nutrition that you will never forget? Perseverance– it’s hard to have a big success out of the gate and sometimes you have to keep at the levers that drive growth.
- What is the weirdest job you have ever had?
I did my work-study at Northeastern University Center for the Arts. During this time, I helped promote the events but I also ushered at all the performances.
- What has been your biggest career success?
Turning around the Nabisco Portable snacking portfolio. I stepped into a business in double digit decline, identified what was driving the declines, rallied the team to address the opportunities, and we turned it around.
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader? Observing other leaders as much as possible and trying to learn from them. The leaders at Beech-Nut Nutrition are all very strong and have different styles that I can learn from.
- What is your biggest outside interest? I like yoga.
- What is a book you have read recently?
I am discovering some great books that I missed as a child when reading with my daughter Isabella. Our most recent favorites are Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden, and A Little Princess.
- How do you incorporate our mission (Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature) into your role every day?
I try to represent the voice of our consumer in all my conversations. Our moms are passionate about real food and simple ingredients which helps me advocate for conserving the goodness of nature.
- How and where do you find inspiration?
Inspiration comes to me from being able to make an impact. Being part of a team working to solve a problem. The best is finding and solving a problem without being asked.
- What are you most passionate about in your role?
Uncovering consumer insights because that’s what unlocks the power to grow brands.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Taking my French Bulldog to Paris, taking my daughter to one of my favorite countries Italy, and taking my extended family to Ecuador – because both my husband’s parents and my parents were born there.
We make baby food inspired by homemade; preparing it very carefully, using Non-GMO verified, natural or organic ingredients in almost all of our products. Our work is organized around our mission to Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature. If you would like to join the BNN team, you will be surrounded by colleagues who care deeply about our mission, others, the planet, and who are empowered to make a difference.