5 More Healthy Toddler Lunches
If you read my last post, 4 Healthy Toddler Lunches, and are still struggling with creative, yet easy ways to get your picky toddler to eat a healthy lunch without any fuss, I’ve come up with 5 more toddler lunches that find a balance between healthy and fun.
With these bright colorful yummy lunch combos, your toddler will finish their plate in no time!
Cream cheese fruit crackers, warmed corn with a pinch of paprika and chopped avocado with a squeeze of lime juice.
To make Cream Cheese Fruit Crackers
- Spread whipped cream cheese on top of your toddler’s favorite crackers.
- Dollop a teaspoon of a Beech-Nut organic banana, blueberry & avocado pouch (or your favorite jam) on top and serve.
- You can keep the rest of the pouch for a healthy snack later on in the day.
Butternut squash mac and cheese + peas, apple rings with cinnamon and orange sections.
To make Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese + Peas
- Prepare the noodles from a normal size box of mac & cheese (this is our favorite brand)
- Follow the instructions for making the cheese sauce, except only use half of the package of cheese powder and instead add 2 heaping tablespoons of Beech-Nut’s butternut squash purée. When preparing the cheese sauce, be sure to swap any cow’s milk for breast milk, formula, or water if you are cooking for a child that is less than 12 months old.
- Stir in the noodles with 1/3 cup fresh or frozen peas and serve.
- Wanna make it homemade? Here is my very popular recipe for homemade Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese.
Mango rice + edamame, roasted beets with nutmeg and pretzels.
To make Mango Rice with Edamame
- In a small skillet over medium/low heat, whisk together 2 tablespoons Beech-Nut mango purée, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Add in 2 cups of cooked rice, 1/2 cup of shelled edamame and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Feel free to add in some leftover chopped eggs into this recipe for a more authentic fried rice dish. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Fast Tip – I always keep a bag of frozen pre-cooked rice in my freezer for fast meals like this one.
Cubed cheddar cheese, hard boiled egg with pepper, green bean and turkey roll-ups, pumpkin yogurt and chopped raspberries.
To make Pumpkin Yogurt
- Spoon some Greek yogurt into a small bowl or section of the plate.
- Place a cookie cutter (any shape works here) into the yogurt and gently press down.
- Spoon in pumpkin purée and push around the purée until the entire cookie cutter shape is covered.
- Gently remove cutter. Any purée or jam will also work in this recipe (recipe for easiest homemade jam can be found here).
Healthy lunchable cheese and crackers, pear purée with a pinch of nutmeg and chopped honeydew melon.