Our super-creative Beech-Nut® Ambassador, Becca, paired up a recipe she found for pumpkin cookies with another for mini blueberry pies and created a delicious;y foodie Frankenstein – Boo-Berry Pop-Tarts! These are little toaster pastries you can make to surprise your toddlers with a fun Halloween-themed breakfast on the go.
What you need:
- 2 Beech-Nut® Organics Blueberry, Banana & Avocado pouches
- 1.5 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white for brushing the crust
- 1 package of pie crusts
- Candy eyes (look at a craft store like Michael’s)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix blueberry pouches and corn starch in sauce pan over low heat, stirring until thoroughly mixed and thickened. Remove and let mixture cool.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut out rectangles (your size of choosing) for your mummy bodies and also thin strips of dough for the “mummy gauze.” 4. Place a small spoonful of blueberry mixture in the center of each rectangle crust.
- Brush edges of rectangles with egg whites.
- Place pie strips on top of rectangles in different directions and seal the edges by pressing with your fingers.
- Bake tarts for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned.