Who knew you could bake with baby food? Our Beech-Nut® purees are perfect for making these fruit-filled, buttery cookies perfect for the holidays (or anytime!). This super simple recipe requires just 7 ingredients and roughly 20 minutes of your prep time.
What you’ll need (makes 48 cookies):
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Confectionery sugar
- [For the filling] 2 jars (4 oz each) Beech-Nut® Naturals™ Just Pear & Blueberry, plus 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make the filling: In small saucepan, combine the Beech-Nut® fruit puree with sugar; cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and bubbling. Let cool completely.
- Make the dough: Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until completely combined. Add flour and salt; beat on low until just combined.
- Roll by tablespoonfuls into balls; arrange 2 inches apart on parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Lightly press thumb into center of each ball to make small indentation; fill with 1/2 tsp of filling.
- Bake both trays in the oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, for 20 to 22 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around edges.
- Transfer to wire rack; let cool completely. Dust with confectionery sugar.
Tip: Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month!