FroYo Fruit Bark
Now that school is ending for the year and little ones have a different schedule, we try to keep new, healthy snacks on hand to make sure they keep exploring new tastes and textures. Sure, it can be easy to fall back on the standard-issue Goldfish crackers or apple slices for my toddlers, but bringing your kiddos something new, colorful, and different will help inspire them to be adventurous eaters as they get older. And as a bonus, this snack has all of the protein of frozen yogurt as well as the nutrients of fresh fruit, without too much added sugar (depending on the yogurt brand you choose).
This recipe for Frozen Yogurt Fruit Bark was something one of our Beech-Nut® Ambassadors, Becca, saw on Pinterest. She gave it a go and provided us with simple step-by-step instructions for this 3-ingredient snack for kids! Let us know what you think.
- Beech-Nut® Naturals Just Pear & Blueberry puree
- Greek vanilla yogurt (half of the 32 oz tub)
- Fruit of your choice to add as a topping (make sure to cut into small bite-sized pieces of making for little ones)
- *Optional* granola cereal
- Tools: cookie sheet, parchment paper, spatula
- Line cookie sheet with a rectangle of parchment paper.
- Pour yogurt onto parchment paper and spread out with spatula (layer should be thin).
- Add small dollops of Beech-Nut® Naturals Just Pear & Blueberry puree across cookie sheet on top of yogurt.
- Use your spatula to swirl the yogurt and puree together.
- Sprinkle fruit on top of your puree, and add granola if you like!
- Place in freezer for at least 3 hours, then chop it up into bark-like pieces.
- Serve immediately, as it will quickly begin to soften!