Homemade Fruit Leather
Remember Fruit Roll-Ups from your childhood? Here’s an easy recipe to make fruit leather at home, without any added sugar! Choose your favorite Beech-Nut® puree, such as Naturals Apple & Pumpkin, or Pear & Blueberry, and then bake to create a caramelized fruit leather you can roll up for an easy anytime snack for your toddlers. Let us know which flavors work best for you!
What You Need:
- 3 jars of Beech-Nut® Naturals purée of your choice if you are doing a single flavor (or 4 jars if you are making stripes with two different flavors…you should have some leftover)
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
What To Do:
- Heat oven to 170 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of purée evenly onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 4-6 hours (depends on the thickness of your fruit leather).
- Remove from oven and let cool. Peel off fruit leather from parchment paper and enjoy a healthy snack!
* Side Note: Through some experimentation, we found that using one flavor, as opposed to two flavors to make stripes, is generally more successful. 😁