Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
This pumpkin pie smoothie is a great way for your little one to taste the best of what fall produce has to offer! Loaded with pumpkin flavor, this smoothie is completely baby friendly (sugar-free and gluten-free) and is full of omega-3 fatty acids, essential vitamins and protein.
While both of my girls devoured smoothies from around 8 months on, some babies get a little jolted when drinking super cold beverages. If that is the case with your little one, you can skip the ice in this smoothie for a more ‘juice’ type drink or let the smoothie sit out on the counter for 15 minutes to warm up a little.
- 2 jars just pumpkin purée
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1/4 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add the purée, banana, yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, flax seeds and ice into a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. For a thicker smoothie, you can add in an additional 1/2 cup of ice before blending.
- Pour into a sippy cup or cup with a straw and serve.
- Toddler Option – for a sweeter smoothie for toddlers, you can add 2 teaspoons of agave nectar, honey (for kiddos over the age of 1) or pure maple syrup.
Age: From about 8+ months through adults
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Yield: 2 baby/toddler servings
Storage: Will last overnight in the fridge but will need to be shaken to re-mix all ingredients.