Scary Skellington Pies
Pie is always in-season, but these Scary Skellington Pies are the prefect surprise for your little ones anytime around the spookier part of the year! All you need is a couple jars of Beech-Nut® purees — made with real fruits and veggies and never anything artificial — and a steady hand to make the little face that resembles the popular character from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Trick or treat!
What You Need:
- 2 Beech-Nut® Organics Apple, Pumpkin & Granola jars
- 1.5 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white for brushing the crust
- 1 package of pie crusts (makes about 8 mini pies)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix purées and corn starch in sauce pan over low heat, stirring until thoroughly mixed and thickened. Remove and let mixture cool.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut out circles (your size of choosing). You will need two sets: one set of circles for your bottom crust and another for your top crust.
- Place a small spoonful of pumpkin mixture in the center of each circle crust.
- Brush edges of rectangles with egg whites.
- Cut a Jack Skellington face into your other set of circles and place on top of your pies, sealing with a fork.
- Bake pies for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned.