Spiced Sweet Potato Mini Muffins
These mini muffins are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free and dairy-free (phew, that was a mouth full), but are full of nutritious sweet potatoes, warming spices, a ripe banana and healthy whole grain oats. They are moist and tender and absolutely perfect for baby’s first muffin.
The best part, they are made in a blender and take less than 5 minutes to prep!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats**
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup just sweet potato purée
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray or line 16 mini muffin cups with cooking spray or paper liners.
- In a blender, add in the oats, banana, purée, egg, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger and allspice and blend on high for 1-2 minutes, scraping down sides when needed, or until the oats are completely broken down, and the batter is smooth.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda and salt and blend on low for 20 seconds.
- Pour batter into muffin cups until they are 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let cool and enjoy.
**Note about oats, if going gluten free make sure to use oats specified as ‘gluten free’.
Age: From about 9+ months through adults
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 16 mini muffins or 6 regular muffins
Storage: Will last in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge for 4 days, or in the freezer for 2 months.